Monday, September 1, 2008

We've evacuated!

Just wanted to let everyone know that we've made it safe and sound to Ft. Worth. We evacuated on Saturday. We meet with Simon's unit on the Algier's base at 6am and got on the road around 6:45am. It was a long 13 hour trip, but thankfully we got out before the bulk of the traffic.


The kids were excited to be heading to Texas. Yes, Hannah choose her fancy pink dress to evacuate in. What else would you expect from her? :)

This is what the local news was forecasting as we were leaving. I can't even begin to tell you how anxious we were to get out of there!

From Simon's work...we had the van loaded down. I wonder if we should have brought more?


A few views from the road...

This is the I-310 bridge over the Mississippi...


The merge on to the I-10W from the 310...the thinkest of the traffic that we encountered...


Away from danger and a lot of thinking to do...

We all made it to the hotel in Ft. Worth...

A view of our hotel room...
I hope all my friends/clients in New Orleans are now safe and away from the city. I'd love for you to email me and let me know so I can have one less concern :).

Keep us and everyone else in your prayers!

No comments: