Sunday, June 29, 2008

Dance Recital and Housekeeping..

We went to Hannah Jane's first dance recital last night! She was so excited to get to be on stage, and on TV (we got a camcorder!). She was in two numbers...one ballet & one tap.

Here are a few of my favorite images from the night...


In the dressing room before we started getting ready...look how excited she is!!

This was her costume for the first dance...Breakfast at Tiffany's to the Cupid Shuffle.

Oh...then she decided that the gloves itched her arms and the tap shoes hurt her feet. This lasted for about 15 minutes :) I know I'm a mean mom by getting this shot, but isn't it too cute!

On stage at last... This is Mr. Rene (our dance teacher's husband) standing in for Daddy while he was away on a trip.

Here's the "Girls Just Want to have fun" costume... She sure was having lots of fun in the dressing room!


I've also been doing a little housekeeping with my computer. It's been running a little slow lately being bogged down with all my photos. It was time to archieve some of the older images. It's hard putting these on a CD and not having them right there at my fingertip anymore. Here's a few images that really stuck out today.


This is my cousin's little boy, Mark. I don't even think I showed this to her, but I love it now!

I can remember trying to get these two to take a "nice" photo together. I tried for about 3 days straight until I finally gave up. At the time, I didn't like this one because Andrew is being goofy and Hannah's not looking at me, but now I just love it! What was I thinking?!

Just a cool shot of a door...

And a gate...


This was actually captured by my friend Keri Hensley when she came to see me up in Quantico. I don't know why I didn't see this one before, but it really stood out to me today! Thanks Keri!

No comments: